Luxury hotels are becoming more and more popular, with that in mind what should people expect when they stay at a 4 star and 5 star hotels?
When picking which hotel you wish to stay in, it is often the number of stars each hotel has you will look at first. It is commonly known that the higher number of stars a hotel has, the better they are, however these stars are not awarded to a hotel, they are allocated by themselves or by a private company. The hotel star rating system is internationally recognised as the hotels overall quality. However, certain countries may regard a 2 star hotel as a 3 star and vice versa.
Here is a basic guide of what to expect from hotels that are rated:
- Star: Basic room options, shared bathroom facilities and meals are self served.
- Star: Basic room options, colour TV and an in-house bar and restaurant.
- Star: Multiple room options, restaurant, gym facilities and conference rooms/facilities available.
- Star: Multiple rooms/suite options, restaurants and bars on site, business facilities, concierge services, swimming pool, gym and crèche.
Four Star accommodations offer a very high quality of service, and will have modern facilities, these hotels are commonly located in downtown areas of cities and close to major attractions. The food at a four star hotel will usually be provided through an adjoining, high rated, restaurants and bars that serve gourmet food. The service received will make their guests stay as comfortable as possible, through internet access for business travelers and access to a concierge. Special care is taken in the design of a four-star hotel. That includes an elaborate lobby, upscale furniture and stylish accoutrements in each room.
- Star: Luxury accommodation with all of the above facilities and more.
Five stars is the highest rating a hotel can received, only the most luxurious accommodations gain them. The highest standards are met by the staff and the service will be exquisite. They will offer the best food, drink, entertainment and accommodation. Often, 5 star hotels offer spa and gym facilities within the price of the room, hence the higher cost per room.